2020 has been a very difficult time for the stock market, economy and investments. But there are some things which have provided very good returns to the investors.
One of them is digital gold – Digital Gold
Which alone has given a return of 25% in just 6 months and experts believe that it can still go up to 30% and above.
What is Digital Gold?
There are many types of Authorized Online Modes to buy it, which give you the freedom to invest in Digital Gold by taking fixed charges.
Primarily digital gold transactions are being done by SafeGold and MMTC – PAMP which is a joint company established by India and Switzerland.
So if you are also thinking of investing in Digital Gold, then it is very important for you to understand all the information related to it carefully.
1. Benefits of Digital Gold
1. In Digital Gold, you are fully guaranteed of safety.
2. Here you can start with even small investments, which start from just ₹ 1 as well.
3. You can convert the investment made in Digital Gold into Cash or Real Gold anytime.
4. Also there is no difference in the market price of real gold and digital gold.
5. Due to which you can buy and sell it online anytime keeping in mind the charges
6. You can get started with Investment Mobile Apps and easily track your gold price.
7. Apart from this, if you want, you can also invest in digital gold by opening a Demat Account.
2. Important Facts of Digital Gold
If you have already thought about investing money in digital gold, then before that you must understand some of the main things related to it –
Where can I get Digital Gold?
As mentioned earlier, this digital gold is owned by MMTC – PAMP India Pvt. Ltd. being offered by
Which you can buy it through Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay and Demat account.
Identifying the purity of gold?
In terms of purity, both SafeGold and MMTC – PAMP provide 24 carat gold. But in beauty, SafeGold offers a purity of 99.5% and MMTC – PAMP 99.9%.
For how long can gold be held?
In this, if you buy gold from the mode of MMTC – PAMP, then it can be held for 5 years and in the case of SafeGold it can be held for 7 years.
But after the expiry of the time limit, you will have to sell the gold or you can convert it into Real Gold also.
3. How to Buy Digital Gold
There are many ways to buy digital gold, in which you can buy it using payment app or demat account.
But if you want to invest in digital gold in the easiest way, then Google Pay, Paytm and PhonePe are the best options for this.
How to Buy Gold with Google Pay?
Google Pay provides you the service of buying gold with the highest security.
For this you have to download Google Pay App and link it with your account, after which –
1. Open Google Pay App.
2. Click on New Payment.
3. Type Gold in the search box.
4. Select the option of Gold Locker.
5. To buy Gold, go to Buy Gold.
6. Enter the price of gold you want to buy from the part of your budget.
7. The current market price as shown will be inclusive of taxes.
8. Immediately after making the payment, the quantity of gold will be visible in your Gold Locker.
Things to note –
> While buying gold, there will be no change in the price of gold for the next 5 minutes.
> You can buy gold from ₹ 1 to ₹ 50 thousand in a day.
> If you want, you can convert it into real gold and take delivery at home.
> If there is any discrepancy and your money is deducted then your amount will be returned within 3 working days.
How to buy gold from Paytm?
Like Google Pay, you can also buy gold from your Paytm App. Some of its main points are as follows –
1. You can buy gold from ₹ 1 to ₹ 1.5 lakh.
2. At the time of selling you should have at least ₹ 5 gold.
3. The price does not change for the next 6 minutes of a transaction.
4. If you hold the gold then after 5 years the charge will be levied.
5. Bank details will have to be given while selling gold.
6. Price will be inclusive of tax, bank charges and other charges.
7. Your money will be credited to your account within 3 days of selling gold.
8. If you want, you can get Digital Gold converted into Physical Gold and get it ordered at your home – whose charges are different.
How to buy Gold from PhonePe?
Let us tell you that in PhonePe also you can buy gold like Paytm and Google Pay.
Also, the same rules are applicable for both the above apps.
How to buy gold with demat account?
If you want to invest in Digital Gold by opening a proper Demat account, then for this you must have a Best Demat Account.
Through which you can easily keep track of your gold or any other investment in the stock market.
How to buy gold without demat account?
If you do not want to invest from Demat Account, then you can invest in Gold Mutual Funds using SIP.
SIP makes it systematic and every month a fixed amount is automatically deducted from your account and invested.
4. How much return can one get from Gold?
See, no one can guarantee that how much return you will get.
But yes, it can be said that how much return has been provided by Gold in the recent past.
As you can see in this chart –
You can see that in just 6 months gold has reached the highest position in its history and experts are assuming that it can cross 70 thousand.
So during this time you can take advantage of the time and think of investing money in it.
5 Returns of Gold Mutual Fund
Investing in Gold Mutual Funds through SIP can also be a profitable deal.
In the last one year, Top Gold Mutual Funds have given returns of around 40% which is more than any PPF.
1 Year Gold Mutual Funds Returns
|Gold Mutual Funds||6 Month Return||1 Year Ret.|
|DSP World GMF||49%||61.%|
|Aditya Birla GMF||28.36%||32.90%|
6 What should you do?
See, Risk is also involved in Digital Gold Market along with Return.
So if you are going for investment purpose then you should compare all types of funds and products on the basis of their Charges and Fetures.
And taking expert’s opinion, you should invest money in Best Scheme for yourself.
Note: We are not experts to give any Share Market Tips and we do not even say that you should invest in it.
But this is an opportunity that comes once in many years, in which you can invest money after thinking and taking expert opinion.