TJMM (Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar) is a 2023 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film directed by Luv Ranjan and written by Rahul Mody and Ranjan. Luv Films and T-Series Films produced the film. Following a three-year delay, it stars Ranbir Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor, with Dimple Kapadia and Anubhav Singh Bassi in crucial supporting parts. Boney Kapoor makes his acting debut, while Monica Chaudhary, Inayat Verma, Hasleen Kaur, Jatinder Kaur, Amber Rana, Rajesh Jais, and Ayesha Raza Mishra play supporting parts.
|Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar|
Soundtrack album by
|Released||16 March 2023|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar will be released theatrically on March 8, 2023, coinciding with the Holi weekend. Critics gave the movie mixed reviews. The film was a commercial success, collecting over 220.10 crore globally, making it the fourth-highest grossing Hindi film and the eighth-highest grossing Indian film in 2023.
- Ranbir Kapoor as Rohan “Mickey” Arora
- Shraddha Kapoor as Nisha “Tinni” Malhotra
- Dimple Kapadia as Renu Arora, Mickey’s mother
- Anubhav Singh Bassi as Manu Dabas, Mickey’s best friend
- Boney Kapoor as Ramesh Arora, Mickey’s father
- Hasleen Kaur as Minny, Mickey’s sister
- Amber Rana as Ashish, Mickey’s brother-in-law
- Monica Chaudhary as Kinchi Dabas, Manu’s wife
- Inayat Verma as Sweetu, Mickey’s niece
- Jatinder Kaur as Mrs. Arora, Mickey’s grandmother
- Rajesh Jais as Mr. Malhotra, Tinni’s father
- Ayesha Raza Mishra as Mrs. Malhotra, Tinni’s mother
- Dhruv Tyagi as Kunal Varma
- Teena Singh as Jyoti Sharma
- Kartik Aaryan as Rahul (cameo)
- Nushrratt Bharuccha as Anya (cameo)
On 20 December 2019, the film was officially confirmed as an unnamed romantic comedy. The films initial release date was slated for March 26, 2021. The release date has been pushed back to March 18, 2022, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Again, due to filming delays, the release date was pushed out to January 26, 2023, coinciding with Indian Republic Day. The ultimate release date was set on March 8, 2023, to coincide with the Holi festival.
Ranbir and Shraddha Kapoor were picked as the leads, marking their debut collaboration. Ranbir’s parents were played by Dimple Kapadia and producer Boney Kapoor. It also marked the acting debuts of stand-up comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi and actress Monica Chaudhary in Hindi films. Hasleen Kaur revealed that she will appear in the film in January 2023.
Filming began in Ghaziabad on January 8, 2021, with Ranbir and Shraddha. The film’s second schedule began in Delhi in July 2021. The third schedule began in Mumbai in August 2021, followed by another in Delhi in November 2021. The following schedule was held in Mumbai in March 2022.
In June 2022, the next schedule was held in Spain and Mauritius.A song starring Shraddha Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor was scheduled to be shot in July 2022, but shooting was halted when a fire broke out on the film’s set in Chitrakoot Grounds, Andheri. It resulted in the death of a crew member called Manish Devashi and the injury of another worker from the lighting department. After a few days, the song was filmed. The film was wrapped up in August 2022.