The government has come up with a new scheme called the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme. Under this scheme, the government will provide one-time financial assistance to the eligible widows. The help will be provided of Rs. 25000 in lumpsum. The scheme will help the families or widows who have lat the breadwinner of the family.
In this article today, we will tell you about this scheme in a detailed manner. So if you are living in the state of Assam, have lost your husband, and have a family to foster then you can apply for this scheme. in order to know more about this scheme, you will have to go through this entire article.
Objective of Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme
The main objective of the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme is to empower the women and provide them financial help so they can foster their family without being dependent on anyone. Also, there are many women in India who do not get enough education as well as get married at a younger age, consequently, they get busy in household chores and become dependent on their husbands. After the death of a woman’s husband her relative consider her as a burden on them and it becomes hard for her to foster her children. Keeping in mind all this, the government provides them a financial help so they do not need to be dependent on anyone.(Official website)
Features of Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme
The main features of this scheme are as follows-:
- Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme would be beneficial for all pensioners of the state to meet their financial requirements.
- For this purpose, the Government of Assam has allocated Rs. 136 crore to cover 40,000 families under the Immediate Family Assistance Scheme.
- Besides the one-time assistance, all the windows will also get a monthly pension of Rs. 300 till the age of 60 years.eme
- The scheme is available for the people of both categories i.e. APL and BPL.
- Under this scheme, the government will transfer the amount f assistance directly into the bank accounts of beneficiaries.
- The Finance Minister of Assam announced this scheme at the time of presenting the budget 2019-2020.
Overview of Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme
|Name||Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Assam|
|Benefits||Monthly Pension of Rs. 300 as well as one-time assistance of Rs. 25000|
|Beneficiaries||Widows of the state|
Benefits of IMUWP Scheme
The major benefits of Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension are as follows-:
- The scheme will provide better livelihood to widows and their families.
- The scheme will empower the women of the state.
- To provide social and financial security to the women in their old age.
- Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension will make the survival of women easier.
- Moreover, the scheme will make the women independent.
- The woman will get one time of Rs. 25000
- Besides this, she will also get a monthly pension of Rs. 250
- Seeing the increased expenses, the government will provide an additional 50 Rs. (monthly) along with the 250 Rs. of pension
Who is Eligible?
Women fulfilling the following eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for this scheme-:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The age of the applicant must be in between 45 to 60 years.
- An applicant must not be paying income tax or tax from any source of income, movable or immovable property.
- The applicant has not entered into marriage again after the demise of her spouse.
- Besides she must belong to the APL or BPL category.
- In the case of a deceased spouse is a Government employee, an applicant is not drawing his salary under relevant Government rules.
- Furthermore, the woman must not be getting any financial assistance from her relatives.
In order to avail of the IMUWP Scheme you must have the following documents-:
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Death Certificate of the husband
- Ration Card
- Age Proof
- Bank Account Details
How to Apply for Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme?
In order to apply for this scheme you will have to follow the steps given below-:
- Firstly, you will have to visit the Official Website of the Panchayat & Rural Development Department, Assam
- Then on the home page, you will have to click on the Schemes tab.
- Now a page will open in front of you and it will contain the list of various schemes prevailing in the state. However, you will have to find the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme option and click on that.
- Another page will open and here you will have to click on the Application Form option.
- As soon as you will click on that, a PDF of the application form will open on your computer screen.
- You need to download this form as well as take a printout of it.
- Now you will have to fill the application form accordingly.
- Also, attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Finally, submit your application form to the nearest block office.
The government will transfer the amount of assistance directly into the bank accounts of selected beneficiaries. Therefore, the beneficiaries need to keep checking the balance of their bank account so if in the meantime the government transfers the amount of the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme, they will be aware of this.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme?
The scheme has been launched by the government of Assam in order to provide financial assistance to the widows in the state.
Who is eligible for this scheme?
All the widow women of the state, with an age of 45 to 60 years are eligible to apply for this scheme.
What is the amount of assistance under this scheme?
under Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension, a woman gets a monthly pension of rupees 300 as well as one-time assistance of Rs. 25000
If you face any queries regarding this scheme then you may contact the concerned authorities on the following-:
Panchayat & Rural Development Department,
Juripar, Panjabari, Guwahati – 37, Assam