If you want to get good returns by investing, then these 5 Best Post Office Schemes in 2022 can be very beneficial for you, in which you can start with ₹ 1,000 and get an interest of up to 7.6% every year.
5 Best Post Office Schemes in 2022
If seen, there are many schemes of the post office, in which one can invest. But here only those schemes are given information which has High Return & Low Risk –
Post Office Scheme Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 7.6%
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme 7.4%
- Public Provident Fund 7.1%Kisan Vikas Patra 6.9%
- National Saving Certificate 6.8%
Related post:- What is Digital Gold and how to buy ?
1. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) has been made to secure the future of the daughters of the country. In this, parents can start their daughter’s savings account with ₹ 250, on which they get 7% to 8% compound interest annually.
- 7.6% is the current interest rate.
- Minimum investment is ₹250 per annum.
- Maximum investment 1.5 lakh per annum.
- The investment plan will be for 14 years.
- Applying will get exemption under tax in 80C.
- The scheme is available for girls below the age of 10 years.
SSY Best For
If you have a daughter whose age is less than ten years, then you must invest in it, even if you start with a small amount.
2. Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
Senior Citizen Savings Scheme is designed for persons above 60 years of age. In which they can invest ₹ 1000 to 15 lakhs and they will get 7.4% annual interest on it.
- Maturity Period is 5 years.
- Amount can be invested only once.
- Account can be opened with cash on investment less than 1 lakh, while check will be taken if more than 1 lakh.
- In this interest is given on the following dates of the year –
- Nominee can also be selected in the scheme, as well as you can change it later.
- Account can also be transferred from one post office to another.
- Like SSY, the applicant also gets 80C tax benefits in this.
- Also, on premature closure of the account, these conditions will be applicable –
- No interest will be paid if the account is closed before 1 year.
- After closing the account after 1 year, 1.5% of the deposit amount will be deducted.
- 1% of the deposit amount will be charged for closing the account after 2 years.
- And if the limit of interest amount exceeds 50 thousand then TDS will also be deducted on it.
Note: If those who are above 55 years and less than 60 years of age also want to invest in this post office scheme, then they can also do it, but there are some rules for this –
- The person should have Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS).
- SCSS account should be opened within the next 1 month of retirement.
- Maximum 15 lakhs or Retirement Amount whichever is less is eligible for investment.
3. Public Provident Fund
Public Provident Fund (PPF) where any Indian citizen can invest ₹ 500 to ₹ 1,50,000 in a financial year, on which compound interest is compounded annually at the rate of 7.1%.
Its maturity period is 15 years, which can also be extended for 5 years.
However, after 5 years of account opening, you can close the account in the following circumstances –
- In case of threat to the life of the account holder or his family
- On change of residence and
- To complete the higher education of children
Note:- In this case, you will have to pay an interest of 1% for the period from starting the account.
Along with this, the interest received will be completely tax free and 80C is levied in it.
4. Kisan Vikas Patra
Kisan Vikas Patra is such a post office scheme where you can buy a certificate from ₹ 1,000 and at the end of the year, the person who has the certificate will get interest on the basis of interest rate fixed annually.
For now, the interest rate is running at 6.9%, which keeps changing every year.
It has no upper limit – you can invest any amount of money, in any amount of installation.
The special thing is that according to this KVC scheme, the money invested in it becomes double in 124 months, ie – “Double the money in 10 years from one scheme”.
Any adult above 18 years of age can invest in it.
If you want, you can start investing on the Behalf of Minor as well.
Along with this, you also get the facility of nomination and you can easily transfer the account from one person to another or even to another post office.
5. National Saving Certificate
Investment can be made in NSC Scheme for Adult, Minor and Mentally Weak person.
The minimum investment amount is 1000, while there is no maximum limit.
There is a maturity period of 5 years in this, after which you get the money back with interest.
Presently the interest rate is running at 6.8%, ie –
- On depositing ₹10,000 – ₹13,890 after 5 years
- Investment of ₹10,000 every year – ₹61,173 after 5 years
- On depositing ₹ 1000 every month – ₹ 73,407 after 5 years
- Investment of ₹50,000 every year – ₹3,15,014 after 5 years
Why it is important to invest in these 5 Best Post Office Schemes in 2022–
- Guaranteed Return with High Security.
- There is a plan available for every member of your family.
- Long-term investment will be beneficial due to higher interest rate.
- Also there are many other benefits with Tax.
Hope you have got some good investment ideas from this post, where you can invest safely.
If you liked this post, then tell your thoughts in the comment box, as well as if you have any question then you can also ask it.